Izaak Walton League of America Turns 100 in 2022!
Keep informed about upcoming events concerning the 100th anniversary by subscribing to IWLA Nationals monthly newsletter (Conservation Currents / Action Alerts) or follow them on social media.
All kinds of information about the anniversary will appear in those places as things get rolled out.
April 2021 - Board of Directors & General Membership meetings resume as normal.
CANCELLED - May 2, 2021 Annual Picnic and Fishing Derby Disabilities
(The maximum number of individuals permitted in a social gathering has increased from 10 to 50 for indoor gatherings starting April 1, 2021)
COVID-19 information (UPDATE: March 23, 2021):
Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Virginia
**Virginia Governor Northam restrictions as of April 1, 2021. (Updated EO-72).
Indoor entertainment venues limited to 30% of capacity, indoor social gatherings increased from 10 to 50, and restaurants limited to 50% of capacity. Starting April 1, 2021.
Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic ALL Executive Order (EO) Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) requirements are in effect at the chapter. Masks are required to enter any of the buildings. Please maintain Social Distancing.
IMPORTANT: Please made sure you read the current operating procedures(links below) for the facility/range you plan to visit as things have changed because of COVID-19. Also for up-to-date range times/dates of operation.
NOTE: All indoor gatherings are restricted to 50 individuals or less as of April 1, 2021
- CANCELLED - Due to new COVID-19 restrictions
- December 15, 2020 General Membership meeting
- January 2, 2021 New Member Orientation
- January 19, 2021 General Membership meeting
- February 6, 2021 New Member Orientation
- February 16, 2021 General Membership meeting
- February 18, 2021 New Member Orientation
- March 6, 2021 New Member Orientation
- March 16, 2021 General Membership meeting
- March 18, 2021 New Member Orientation
NOTE: See below for Temporary COVID-19 Range Operating Procedures and Schedules. (If there is a change to the operating schedule, the Range Director will add that to the chapter calendar.)
Please be advised. The range director will make changes to the Temporary COVID-19 operating procedures and schedules.
- Field Archery: (Click here for Temporary COVID-19 operating procedures and schedules)
- Rifle & Pistol Range: (Click here for Temporary COVID-19 operating procedures and schedules)
- Sills Air Range: (Click here for Temporary COVID-19 operating procedures and schedules)
- Skeet & Trap Range: (Click here for Temporary COVID-19 operating procedures and schedules)
- Target Archery Range: (Click here for Temporary COVID-19 operating procedures and schedules)
If you have any questions or issues, please contacted the Designated Range Director (Click here for contact information)
NOTE: Always check the chapter online calendar for updated events and schedules
- Elections - Are you interested in running for a position on the chapter Board of Directors?
- Nominations are accepted through the June 15th General membership meeting - Click for for Election information
- 2021 Chapter Membership Renewals - To renew your 2021 membership, please contact membership office.
- Chapter Meetings: (starting at 7:30 p.m. in the main Field house)
- January 5, 2021 Board of Directors Meeting by ZOOM
- January 19, 2021 General Membership meeting CANCELLED due to new COVID-19 restrictions.
- February 2, 2021 Board of Directors Meeting by ZOOM
- February 16, 2021 General Membership meeting CANCELLED due to update COVID-19 restrictions.
- March 2, 2021 Board of Directors Meeting by ZOOM
- March 16, 2021 General Membership meeting CANCELLED due to update COVID-19 restrictions.
- April 2021 meetings resume as normal
- 1st Tuesday of each month - Board of Directors
- 3rd Tuesday of each month - General Membership
- Chapter Office - See membership page for days/hours of operation.
- New Member Orientation - See Membership page for orientation information.
- Chapter Campus Map.
- Facility Use Request Information page.
- Chapter Pond - Fishing policy - Operating w/ Catch & Release Policy in Effect. (We follow all DWR regulations).
- Rifle/Pistol Range - Short Range Day information.
- ARL-FX ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES Scholarship Information (Deadline April 1, 2021).
- Firewood for sale - $175 a CORD! Click here for information - ALMOST SOLD OUT.
- Interesting in IWLA Apparel/items? Visit the IWLA National online store.
- SPEED LIMIT ON CHAPTER PROPERTY IS 10 MPH!
- Chapter Online Calendar - **The chapter calendar is your best source for up-to-date chapter events and facility closures. Please make sure you check the calendar before heading out to the chapter.
- Chapter Newsletter.
- Chapter E-Blast - March 12, 2021
- Chapter 2021 Education & Training NRA Courses
- NRA Women on Target Clinic - May 22, 2021 - ALMOST FULL
- Chapter 2021 Archery 101 classes
- 22nd Annual Crush n Clays charity event for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital - Saturday, June 12, 2021
- CANCELLED - May 2, 2021 - Annual Picnic and Fishing Derby Disabilities
- Memorial Day Open - Skeet Shoot - May 28-30, 2021
Izaak Walton League Member Pledge
The Izaak Walton League is an American environmental organization founded in 1922 that promotes natural resource protection and outdoor recreation. The organization was founded in Chicago, Illinois by a group of sportsmen who wished to protect fishing opportunities for the future.
All chapter volunteer opportunities are posted through SignUpGenius. Please click and signup to get credit toward your membership or just for the fun of helping the chapter and others.
Recruit • New hunters / recreational shooting enthusiasts
Retain • Existing participants
Reactivate • Former participants who have stopped
We are proud to support a number of local Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts and Venturing crews. We help develop the future youths to be conservation minded and provide an opportunity for the scouts to work their service projects here on the property.