January 5, 2021 - BOD meeting (by ZOOM)
CANCELLED - January 19, 2021 General Membership meeting
(All indoor/outdoor gatherings are restricted to 10 individuals or less as of December 14, 2020)
UPDATE: December 10, 2020
Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Virginia
***Virginia Governor Northam tightens statewide coronavirus restrictions effective Monday, December 14, 2020 *Executive order (EO-72) (Update to Phase 3 issued as of Wednesday, July 1, 2020.)
(All indoor/outdoor gatherings are restricted to 10 individuals or less as of December 14, 2020 thru January 31, 2021)
Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic ALL Executive Order (EO) Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) requirements are in effect at the chapter. Masks are required to enter any of the buildings. Please maintain Social Distancing.
IMPORTANT: Please made sure you read the current operating procedures(links below) for the facility/range you plan to visit as things have changed because of COVID-19. Also for up-to-date range times/dates of operation.
NOTE: All indoor/outdoor gatherings are restricted to 10 individuals or less as of December 14, 2020
- CANCELLED - Due to new COVID-19 restrictions
- December 15, 2020 General Membership meeting
- January 2, 2021 New Member Orientation
- January 19, 2021 General Membership meeting
NOTE: See below for Temporary COVID-19 Range Operating Procedures and Schedules. (If there is a change to the operating schedule, the Range Director will add that to the chapter calendar.)
Please be advised. The range director will make changes to the Temporary COVID-19 operating procedures and schedules.
- Field Archery: (Click here for Temporary COVID-19 operating procedures and schedules)
- Rifle & Pistol Range: (Click here for Temporary COVID-19 operating procedures and schedules)
- Sills Air Range: (Click here for Temporary COVID-19 operating procedures and schedules)
- Skeet & Trap Range: (Click here for Temporary COVID-19 operating procedures and schedules)
- Target Archery Range: (Click here for Temporary COVID-19 operating procedures and schedules)
If you have any questions or issues, please contacted the Designated Range Director (Click here for contact information)
NOTE: Always check the chapter online calendar for updated events and schedules
- 2021 Chapter Membership Renewals - Started October 1, 2020
- If you would like to renew your membership online click HERE.
- If you would like to mail in your renewal, please click HERE to print a renewal form.
- Anything received after 12/31/2020 will incur a $40 late renewal fee, No exceptions.
- NOTE: All membership credentials will be mailed to you within 6 weeks from time of renewal after December 31, 2020.
- Chapter Meetings: (starting at 7:30 p.m. in the main Field house)
- Chapter Office - See membership page for days/hours of operation.
- New Member Orientation - See Membership page for orientation information.
- Chapter Campus Map.
- Facility Use Request Information page.
- Chapter Pond - Fishing policy - Operating w/ Catch & Release Policy in Effect. (We follow all DWR regulations).
- Rifle/Pistol Range - Short Range Day information.
- ARL-FX ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES Scholarship Information (Deadline April 1, 2021).
- SOLD OUT Firewood for sale - $175 a CORD! Click here for information SOLD OUT.
- Interesting in IWLA Apparel/items? Visit the IWLA National online store.
- SPEED LIMIT ON CHAPTER PROPERTY IS 10 MPH!
- Chapter Online Calendar - **The chapter calendar is your best source for up-to-date chapter events and facility closures. Please make sure you check the calendar before heading out to the chapter.
- Current Chapter Newsletter
- Current Chapter E-Blast - January 15, 2021
- Chapter 2021 Education & Training NRA Courses
- Chapter 2021 Archery 101 classes (New Feb 14th class added)
Izaak Walton League Member Pledge
The Izaak Walton League is an American environmental organization founded in 1922 that promotes natural resource protection and outdoor recreation. The organization was founded in Chicago, Illinois by a group of sportsmen who wished to protect fishing opportunities for the future.
All chapter volunteer opportunities are posted through SignUpGenius. Please click and signup to get credit toward your membership or just for the fun of helping the chapter and others.
We are proud to support a number of local Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts and Venturing crews. We help develop the future youths to be conservation minded and provide an opportunity for the scouts to work their service projects here on the property.