Izaak Walton League of America Turned 100 in 2022!
Click here to learn more about the League and its history.
Want to keep informed about the latest conservation news from IWLA and Action Alerts on key advocacy issues? Subscribe to IWLA's National monthly newsletter (Conservation Currents/Action Alerts) or follow National IWLA on social media.
- Chapter Newsletter Delivery Change to Electronic Version
- Effective February/March/April 2024 newsletter edition
- Click here for more information or how to elect to receive a printed copy.
- Chapter Hours of Operation (Click Here)
- See designated range Web pages for specific days and times of operation.
- RANGE BADGE: All Members are Required to display their range badge when you access/use ALL Chapter ranges. (archery and firearm). Click here for more information.
- Chapter Meetings: (starting at 7:30 p.m. in the main Field house)
- 1st Tuesday of each month - Board of Directors
- 3rd Tuesday of each month - General Membership
- July 2023 BOD meeting date moved to July 11, 2023
- Chapter Office - See membership page for days/hours of operation.
- Chapter Calendar - NOTE: Always check the chapter online calendar for updated events and schedules.
- **This is your best source for up-to-date chapter events and facility closures.
- Chapter COVID-19 Information (Last Update: May 2022).
- Chapter Front Gate Emergency Operation Procedures
- Chapter Campus Map.
- Gilbert's Pond - Fishing policy - Operating w/ Catch & Release Policy in Effect. (We follow all DWR regulations).
- E-Blast - September 1, 2023
- Education & Training Facility Trust
- Elections - Click here for Election information.
- Facility Use Request Information page.
- Firewood for sale - $200 a CORD! Click here for information - SOLD OUT.
- IWLA Apparel/items? Visit the IWLA National online store.
- Scholarship: ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES Scholarship Information.
- Shenandoah County Property
- SPEED LIMIT ON CHAPTER PROPERTY IS 10 MPH!
- 2023 'Bucky' Sills Winter League Click here
- January 7, 2024 thru April 7, 2024
- 2023 Winter League End of Season results
- Angler (fishing) Club information
- Archery Range
- Rifle-Pistol Range
- Shotgun Range
- Chapter Youth JOAD program:
- Springfield Armory XD-M Elite 9mm
- Raffle tickets are available at the chapter ranges.
- Click here for raffle details.
- Chapter Youth JOAD program:
Izaak Walton League Member Pledge
The Izaak Walton League is an American environmental organization founded in 1922 that promotes natural resource protection and outdoor recreation. The organization was founded in Chicago, Illinois by a group of sportsmen who wished to protect fishing opportunities for the future.
All chapter volunteer opportunities are posted through SignUpGenius. Please click and signup to get credit toward your membership or just for the fun of helping the chapter and others.
Recruit • New hunters / recreational shooting enthusiasts
Retain • Existing participants
Reactivate • Former participants who have stopped
We are proud to support a number of local Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts and Venturing crews. We help develop the future youths to be conservation minded and provide an opportunity for the scouts to work their service projects here on the property.