The chapter owns 50+ acres in the Shenandoah Co. area that was acquired in 1997 from the closure of the Annandale-Springfield Chapter, IWLA This property is primarily a wooded area that may be used, upon request, by Arlington-Fairfax chapter members for hunting (pre-hunting scouting), hiking and/or camping. There are no specific/designated camping areas although that may change in the future. Target shooting is not allowed. Only shooting during hunting seasons are allowed at this time.
The property is located at 39°04’32.8″N 78°24’52.7″W or 39.075763, -78.414651 depending on the navigation system you are using. It is south of VA 55, John Marshall Highway, northwest of Strasbourg about 8 miles west of I-81 Exit 296 on VA 55.
- For a description of the property – Click Here
- For a GIS map of the property – Click Here
- Map number: 007 A 011
- Owner: Arlington-Fairfax Chapter Inc
- To request the use of this property – Click Here
- A 10-day notice is required for the Shenandoah County Property Permit approval process.
- Please limit date requests to four (4) months before the date(s) of requested usage.
- Range qualified members can request approval to bring up to two (2) guests.
- Hunting Dates – Click Here
- Recommending Archery hunters take the Virginia International Bowhunter Education Program (IBEP) – Virginia Department of Wildlife Resources (DWR)
In September 2021 the chapter established the Shenandoah County Property Committee (SCPC) to assess the use of this chapter property. This committee will monitor the usage of this property and will report to the Arlington-Fairfax Chapter, Inc., IWLA Board of Directors on a regular basis.
Shenandoah County Property Committee:
|Committee Member||Fred Ansick|
|Committee Member||Jorge Gonzalez|
|Committee Member||Pamela Meara|
|Committee Member||Chris Rose|
For any additional questions, contact email@example.com.